You really don't know what you are getting when you elect a newcomer. The moneychangers at the GOPe temple can write all the words they can think of in support or in opposition to a newcomer, and you still don't know what you are getting. The featured image are...
Usually the 2nd session of any congress is mostly uneventful It occurs in an election year, and the leadership tries to avoid having controversial votes taken to protect their colleagues who have to win an election that year to stay in office. We think they really started this year...
One year ago the Republicans won a landslide election sending 12 new members to the U.S. Senate and sending 44 new members to the U.S. House. The 12 new senators put the Republicans in the majority in the U.S. Senate, and the 44 new Representatives gave the Republicans...
Recently we wrote about how the conservatives in the House are more than just 40 members. While this still holds true recent votes have shrunk the conservative number from 86 to 60 in the House. The most recent event to change is when a seldom used discharge petition...
The National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016 was vetoed by the President on October 22, 2015. The bill is dead unless Congress can override it. This bill is one that went through the regular order process. The House took up the bill and allowed amendments to...
There are 247 GOP members in the U.S. House, and the liar media narrative is that just 40 of them are holding the rest of the conference hostage with their conservatism. They ask how can just 16% of the conference do this to the other 84%. The narrative is...
The dirty laundry of the U.S. House, now on full display, is what piles up when elected officials place narrow interests and grudges ahead of the business of governing. A small caucus of about 40 Republican extremists have managed over the past couple of weeks to renew the Export-Import bank. “I...
Summer is over and it's time to start keeping score on the race to become the GOP nominee for President. It is helpful to look at just the latest polls instead of an average score of several polls over time. One can see that some candidates have surged and...