Well, we knew it wouldn’t take long. Two days after Paul Ryan was announced as Mitt Romney’s running mate Obama “We can’t wait” has put together a new attack ad targeting seniors in Florida claiming Ryan would end “Medicare as we know it.” You can see it below:
But Obama must have a short memory or hopes the rest of us do, as Paul Ryan in February of 2010 schooled Obama on Obamacare, and obliterated him on his claimed cost reductions:
“I will not sign a plan that adds one dime to our deficits — either now or in the future.”
(Remarks by President Obama to a Joint Session of Congress, September 9, 2009)
Ryan patently proves Obama’s claims false, that Obamacare would actually “save” money, it will add massively to the debt, from 1.2 to 2 trillion dollars and so fails the “deficit test.” Some key points from the summary below the video are:
- the bill has 10 years of tax increases and 10 years of Medicare cuts to pay for 6 years of spending.
- up to 20% of Medicare providers will go bankrupt or stop seeing Medicare patients.
- $72 billion in savings is claimed from the CLASS Act long-term care insurance. These so-called savings are not offsets, but rather premiums collected to pay for future benefits. Senate Budget Committee Chairman Kent Conrad has called these savings, A ponzi scheme that would make Bernie Madoff proud.
- When you strip away the double-counting of Medicare cuts, the so-called savings from Social Security payroll taxes and the CLASS Act, the deficit increases by $460 billion over first ten years and $1.4 trillion over second ten years.
- Obamacare actually cuts over $500 million from Medicare in order to pay for Obamacare.
The look on Obama’s face is priceless as Ryan doesn’t miss a beat. This is the kind of Vice President we need.
This video needs to go far and wide, especially in areas like Florida where our seniors are concentrated.
Crossposted at Conservative Outlooks