It was fitting for Obama to officially kick-off his campaign in the state that elects presidents, namely Ohio. I watched Michelle Obama on a CNN TV screen at a Florida airport earlier this afternoon ask a “crowd” (cough) to again get “fired up” for her husband and hand him a second term to the Oval Office but alas, being CNN they naturally did not pan across the stadium. Only to the seats closer to the stage.
Thank goodness we have Romney’s people, one of which is @RyanGOP who gave us the REAL skinny on the rally: the event center at OSU had an awful lot of empty seats. Guess Obama’s “no hope, but plenty of the change we don’t want” can’t fill a room any more.
Below is a picture taken by Ryan which I understand has been making the rounds on twitter and is now up on Drudge:
Obama even asked the crowd if they were satisfied, and they said a resounding “no!” Below is a video put together by the RNC showcasing the events of today and Obama’s failed policies:
Romney’s campaign has been paying careful attention to Ohio and a national spokesperson had this to say after the rally:
“No matter how many lofty campaign speeches President Obama gives, the fact remains that American families are struggling on his watch: to pay their bills, find a job and keep their homes. While President Obama all but ignored his record over three and a half years in office, the American people won’t. This November, they will hold him accountable for his broken promises and ineffective leadership.” –Andrea Saul, Romney Campaign Spokesperson
OIW, or “Obama Isn’t Working” showcases what “isn’t working” about Obama and his administration. FYI this site is part of Mitt Romney’s campaign:
- Since President Obama Took Office, Median Household Income Has Declined By $4,300.
- Under President Obama, Gas Prices Have More Than Doubled From The Nationwide Average Of $1.85 Per Gallon When He Was Sworn Into Office To $3.83 Per Gallon Today.
- Since President Obama Took Office, The Average Cost Of College Has Increased By 25% At Four-Year Public Schools Across The Country.
- Obamacare Has Made Health Care “Less Affordable” And Has Caused “Insurance Premiums To Rise.
- More Than 2.5 Million Homes Have Been Lost To Foreclosures Nationwide And Another 4 Million “Are In The Foreclosure Process Or Seriously Delinquent.”
- In April 2012 Alone, “More Than 340,000 Workers Dropped Out Of The Labor Force.”
Thank goodness the airline called for boarding the plane just as Obama was being announced.
Gosh darn, missed it by “that much…”
Crossposted at Conservative Outlooks