Rick Perry, a second look – Still time for a surge

Posted by on January 8, 2012 9:48 pm
Tags: , , , , ,
Categories: Recommended

I watched these candidates since they announced. I leaned toward Herman Cain early, then Perry when he announced. With nothing really against him that mattered to me but bad debate performances early on, I still leaned his direction.

I’m firmly in his camp now.

It may be a repeat of Fred! in the ’08 season, but I think Perry has what it takes to take this all the way.

Via explodinghead;

Pic via June Curtice

The Perry Surge begins here.

Crossposted at Tow Dog

7 responses to Rick Perry, a second look – Still time for a surge

1. texasgalt January 8th, 2012 at 10:25 pm

Rick Perry is the real deal, the first presidential candidate I’ve been really confident about since Ronald Reagan. The RNC and the Republican elite have given us Establishment candidates over and over. The result has been ever bigger government.

Enough! Time for an outsider sworn to shake up congress and weed out the insider deals. It’s time for a real conservative outsider and Governor Perry is the one.

• Lady Penguin January 9th, 2012 at 8:28 am

TG, you mention Reagan, did you notice the twinkle in Perry’s eye? The kindness in his face? And even the tilt of his head show a Reagan resemblance.

2. texasgalt January 8th, 2012 at 10:36 pm

Saddle up with a true constitutional conservative

3. redneck hippie January 8th, 2012 at 10:49 pm

Good work, amigo. This sucker’s got legs. Really.

4. castor January 9th, 2012 at 1:12 pm

I received a robocall from Rick Perry saturday on my internet phone down here in PerĂº. His people must be working.
    Our absentee ballota are already in.

5. bobmontgomery January 9th, 2012 at 8:14 pm

Willard “Newt” McRomgrich are an impishly-perturbed Caspar Milquetoast ensemble of idealistic aesthetes made for another time, another place, another venue. Little Ricky Exsenatorium loses elections, makes bad choices and is almost visibly unsuited to lead. His calling is not politics, as the people in Pennsylvania judged. That leaves the over-and-under-medicated Ron Paul versus The Rock – James Richard “Rick” Perry, the only candidate in the field with the unmitigated courage and dedication to face what we all know are the clear and present dangers to America, at home and abroad. Resume’? Are you kidding me? Ten years as the head of the State of Texas, cooperation and consultation and close working relationships with governors and legislators across America, and across the border. A veteran with the respect and admiration of military men everywhere. The political savvy to brush aside a challenge by a beltway-connected Senator claiming dibs on the House that Perry built. Swift, sure and effective responses to disasters natural, man-caused and economic, the man was born to lead. If you’re looking for a committed constitutional conservative, it’s not even a close call.

6. cactusjack January 9th, 2012 at 11:34 pm

For the life of me I can’t figure why Perry hasn’t caught fire. We’ll give him time though. Probably up to this point has something to do with the way the system (re Pilgrim’s article a few days back) has let the “objective” MSM run the debates for us, and let New Hampshire and Iowa pick our “leaders” for us at this stage. Texas and SC and Ohio and everything in between don’t count anyway, do they? What’s a couple of hundred red electoral college votes in Nov? One troubling report came out of the Manchesster presser with the media reps this afternoon: each candidate typically sends a rep to front their candidate, schmooze and warm up the press (and run a little counterintel before the debate starts). Reportedly Perry’s campaign sent a 20 yr old staffer. Romney’s sent…Nikki Haley, as in Gov Haley (SC -R). Experience and better campaign management – knowing how to handle the MSM even if you happen to hate their guts – I am hearing are being cited down at the nuts and bolts level over and over as factors helping Mitt this time. But TG I am so exasperated for our country, I’ll go you *two* better. If it keeps going the way it is, forget the whole lot of ’em, good bad and ugly. Brokered convention, draft Sarah Palin, end of story. I am dead serious. What would we have to fear? Making MSM mad but – oh – winning in 2012? She may in fact be some kind of genius for having gone Sphinx-like the last 8 months, and staying out of this revolting Republican mud wrassle that is slowly and surely easing Obama into a second term . Oh, the second option? It is unutterable, unspeakable, and not quite understood by most Americans in 49 other states. But every time the Lone Star State rattles its cage, and curses the jailor it seems in some way to actually help the American political scene. Know what I mean?