1. a feeling of discontent or covetousness with regard to another’s advantages, success, possessions, etc.
Envy (also called invidiousness) is best defined as a resentful emotion that “occurs when a person lacks another’s (perceived) superior quality, achievement, or possession and either desires it or wishes that the other lacked it.”
Envy is so insidious and destructive it even earns a place in the Ten Commandments;
17 “You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s.”
Why, if envy is so destructive, is it the first emotion Democrats attempt to exploit?
Envy leads to frustration, anger, and hatred. It causes dehumanization, and objectification, which makes it so much easier to take what belongs to others; in other words, theft.
Envy must be a pretty good catalyst for Democrat politicians to put tax increases at the top of their collective agendas, from the top with President Obama down to his non-working “proletariat” at #Occupy Wall Street, it’s the motivating tool most often used to push “Tax the Rich” as the only way to save their redistributionist status-quo. Failure is not an option.
I mean, Democrat failure means scary times for the left. It means having to face the horrifying prospect of self-reliance.
Can’t have that.
- Class Envy is not a Virtue (broeder10.wordpress.com)
- Bread and Circuses, Tear Gas and Pot Smoke (grannygrousings.wordpress.com)
- The Democrats Envy the Tea Party, So They Created a Bad Imitation (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Tea Party Represents America, Not Occupy Wall Street – Tea Party Nation (gds44.wordpress.com)