99% of Americans can afford $5500 Mac computers? 18 year old #Occupy kids can

Posted by on October 18, 2011 2:23 pm
Tags: , , , , , , , , ,
Categories: Recommended

If you are the 99% I hate to see the 1%

It seems the squatters “Occupiers” have a little problem with theft;

Stealthy thieves plundered the ramshackle living quarters of the Occupation last night, according to the New York Post, including $2500 in donations stolen from the kitchen. One protestor claimed his $5500 laptop was also taken.

Yeah, the upset occupier claimed;

“Stealing is our biggest problem at the moment,” said Nan Terrie, 18, a kitchen and legal-team volunteer from Fort Lauderdale.

“I had my Mac stolen — that was like $5,500. Every night, something else is gone. Last night, our entire [kitchen] budget for the day was stolen, so the first thing I had to do was . . . get the message out to our supporters that we needed food!”

Read the rest, there’s a healthy dose of irony in the last four paragraphs.

Think they’ll call the police? Hehe; ” Have some ID, kid? Hmmm, this picture doesn’t look like you.”

Crossposted to a Tow Dog

7 responses to 99% of Americans can afford $5500 Mac computers? 18 year old #Occupy kids can

1. Queen Hotchibobo October 18th, 2011 at 3:01 pm

Why are they complaining? This sounds just like “From each according to his ability. To each according to his needs.” I thought that’s what they supported?

Spread the wealth around, kiddies. This is what redistribution feels like to us, except that you can keep your stuff if you don’t leave it lying around. We can’t keep our wages no matter what we do because someone else “needs” our money.

Law enforcement will protect your stuff. Law enforcement will throw us in jail if we try to hide ours so we can keep it.

But at least you’re getting a tiny little taste of what confiscatory taxes feel like.

• erickbrockway October 18th, 2011 at 3:04 pm

Yeah, maybe “Robin Hood” took their stuff? Someone must’ve needed it more.

2. erickbrockway October 18th, 2011 at 3:07 pm

From Ed Morrissey;

Update: Is there any such thing as a $5,500 Mac laptop? I built my own MacBook Pro with every option on the laptop itself at the Apple store, and only came up with a price of $3,447. I could also choose 6 or 12 month financing, but that would just put me in debt to the corporations, dude. It looks like Nan’s mommy and daddy bought the Mac and Nan doesn’t have a clue about its value.

Like I thought, the protesters are clueless.

3. EastBayLarry October 18th, 2011 at 3:11 pm

These fools need to spend a year living with and like the REALLY poor in some country where even electricity is not an option, let alone $5500 Mac computers.

4. bobmontgomery October 18th, 2011 at 4:13 pm

Thus has it ever been so in our adult lifetimes, and yet, and yet, we have establishment Republicans who don’t want appear mean spirited, which is why Meghan McCainturned out so swell. 🙂

5. vassarbushmills October 18th, 2011 at 5:03 pm

Don’t be surprised to find that this is the work of The Lone Haranguer, Brock, harrassing the Enemy in their camps.

We could have prevented this, but making their way as unpleasant as possible as they go forward is a second best alternate. I smell the Scarlet Pumpernickle’s hand in all this.

6. Cold Warrior October 19th, 2011 at 7:04 pm

I recommend the following as the Occupiers’ theme song:

Spinal Tap’s Gimme Some Money.

Thank you.