The Devil Deals With Random House: An Assault On Sarah Palin

Posted by on September 22, 2011 9:08 am
Tags:
Categories: Patriot Dispatches

Random House has put Joe McGinniss’s book out as fact, not fiction while knowing full well it is all fiction and nothing he asserts has any basis in fact. McGinniss knew it and via his email Random House knew it as well. The media wing of the Democrat Party has helped these salacious and hysterical lies to be repeated because they are lefties. I would hope that at some point Gov. Sarah Palin and her husband sue these propagandists and not allow them to get away with a direct assault on their character of herself and her husband and children. Sarah Palin should be able to walk away from such a suit with hundreds of millions as far as I am concerned and while fighting it in court, lets put the lamestream media on trial as well. Fight The Slander

From: Joe McGinniss
To: Jesse Griffin
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2011 6:15 PM
Subject: I have to ask you for help

Jesse–

Legal review of my manuscript is underway and here’s my problem: no one has ever offered documentation of any of the lurid stories about the Palins. Shailey Tripp is the latest example.

APD and Sarah have denied that Todd had any involvement with her. To my knowledge, no one has provided any evidence that he did. TheEnquirer cites AlaskaWTF, which in turn cites the Enquirer: what good is that? I’m also told that the Enquirer is preparing to back off this story and save face by denouncing Ms. Tripp as an unreliable source who promised documentation she couldn’t provide.

She may be mentally unstable and prone to fabrication, delusion, or both. Her joint may be called Blue Hands Massage (brrrrr!), but she’s no Monica Lewinsky with a blue dress with a semen stain, that’s for sure.

Do you believe that Todd paid her for sex? If so, why do you believe that, other than that you wish it were true?

A lurid, sensational, defamatory story about Todd, based only on the account of a woman charged with prostitution, who is no doubt desperate for money, and who sold her story to the Enquirer, is a gift from heaven for Sarah.

Jesse, you can ridicule Sarah for calling in to the execrable Bob & Mark, but the fact is that as far as this story goes, there’s no there there. And rumors about what might come in weeks ahead are not facts. In fact, they’re garbage.

I’ve neither seen nor heard anything that indicates that Ms. Tripp’s story has any basis in fact. None of the endless crap Patrick posted about her before getting the boot from palingates.com offers any substantiation.

And even you write frequently that you know things you can’t yet post, but that soon “all will be revealed.” This has been going on since I first became aware of your blog, but as far as I know you haven’t substantiated a single claim or provided verification for a single rumor that you’ve posted about Sarah’s personal life, or the personal lives of any Palin family members. Thus, she gets to denounce what she calls “lies.”

Neither from you, the Enquirer, AlaskaWTF, palingates.com or anyone else, have I seen a credible, identified source backing any of the salacious stories about the Palin family.

Thus–as Random House lawyers are already pointing out to me–nothing I can cite other than my own reporting rises above the level of tawdry gossip. The proof is always just around the corner, but that’s a corner nobody has been able to turn. Maybe Jeff Dunn has, in which case I’ll be the first to congratulate him. But frankly, at this point, I’m tired of it, and I’ve run out of time.

No one has ever provided factual evidence that:

a) Todd had sex with a hooker, or with anyone else outside his marriage.

b) Sarah had an affair with Brad Hanson, or anyone else.

c) Track was a druggie who enlisted in the army to avoid a jail term. Or that he vandalized Wasilla school buses.

d) Willow was involved in the vandalism of the empty house in Meadow Lakes. Or that Sarah rushed back from Hawaii to put the lid on that.

e) Trig is not Sarah’s natural born child.

f) Bristol was promiscuous as a high schooler and drank and used drugs, or became pregnant again after Tripp’s birth.

Jesse, you were going on and on about Bristol being pregnant while doing Dancing With The Stars. And, if I recall correctly, at the time of her brief glossy-magazine-payday “reunion” with Levi, you surmised that she was pregnant by Ben Barber, or at least by someone who wasn’t Levi. You’ve recently suggested she’s had an abortion, publishing photographs that show her chubby then and thin now. But doesn’t that seem a little “thin” to you, based on nothing besides magazine pictures?

Random House has proven themselves to be nothing but an attack dog for the Democrats and their lies should not be allowed to stand. If Sarah doesn’t fight this, she will allow each and every other Conservative woman who considers getting into politics to exempt themselves from the process. This is more then just clearing her name, this is a fight for the very principal that we as women must engage in politics and fight the liberals each election and that will not be the case if Sarah allows these thugs to win the day. I believe that the “glass ceiling” will never be reached so long as the media wing of the Democrat Party continues their assault on conservative women and if you think about it they have done it to Democrat women as well, remember Hillary?

5 responses to The Devil Deals With Random House: An Assault On Sarah Palin

1. vassarbushmills September 22nd, 2011 at 2:42 pm

A law suit would be appropriate, Jaded, as to remain quiet could be deemed an acknowledgement some part may be true. A tough call.

• Mike gamecock DeVine September 22nd, 2011 at 8:00 pm

Yes, it is atough call, especially given the “public figure” defense of NYT v Sullivan that requires the plaintiff to prove “actual malice” (in which it is most often impossible to prove that the author knew the allegations are not true – It is usually impossible to prove prove a negative.) I actually represented a politician in a defamation suit I told the plaintiff he would lose. He wanted his day in court. I charged a large fee and had him sign an affidavit admitting he was going against my advice!

If the book is published in the UK, she would have a much better chance of victory as they have no first amendment or public figure exception.

Of course this assumes that the author can’t prove truth as a defense. I think Glen Rice has been circumspect in comments which does not look good for Palin.

But I do not pretend to be following this story as I think her resignation for the governor’s office doomed any chance at a successful presidential nomination run and do think its possible she knew these allegations were coming which is why she has had this long bus tour to see what would be the fallout. Just speculating.

I would also say that if a candidate has a checkered past in their youth, but repents and doesn’t re-visit the sins after age 30, i can forgive and vote for them. The adultery against a current spouse would bother me.

• JadedByPolitics September 23rd, 2011 at 12:42 pm

“if” she did it with Glen Rice she was not married and it is no one’s business, especially due to the fact that not ONE journalist has attempted to track down a prior girlfriend of Baracks and btw FOX did try to track down those who remember his from College and they could find NO ONE!

• Mike gamecock DeVine September 23rd, 2011 at 2:57 pm

Absolutely right re Palin and even more, the press hasn’t pursued what Obama admits in his books nor held him accountable for 20 years of his butt parked in Rev Wright’s hate America “church”.

• JadedByPolitics September 22nd, 2011 at 8:00 pm

If she is not going to run for President she MUST sue!