Why men die young:

I know y’all have higher life insurance rates but I always thought it was because you keep tipping over with heart attacks. Now I know. And I’m not sure your rates are high enough.

men 11

men 10

men 9

You can’t expect a guy to eat his lunch in the boiling hot sun, can you?

men 8

Hey, look, he’s holding onto the window at least!

men 7

But that’s a wide bannister!

men 6

Need a boost?

men 5

men 4

Mr. Fixit.

men 3

Scaffolding, schmaffolding.

men 2

Just need one more block…

men 1

And this is why we end up with this:

Good job, guys!  We girls appreciate getting our honey do lists done, even when you risk life and limb for it.

Oh, and yes, thanks to Aunt Edna!!

0 0 vote
Queen Hotchibobo
I was born in Saginaw, Michigan, and I grew up in a house on Saginaw Bay. My daddy was a poor, hardworking Saginaw fisherman. Too many times he came home with too little pay.

Naw, not really, but it sounds more interesting than the real bio, so there you are.

redneck hippie
Editor
September 17, 2011 6:35 pm

Awfully funny, Queenie. Tell your Aunt Edna she is a gem! This is not funny, but goes along with how dangerous men’s habits are. My ex’s father was a mechanic & had a habit of lowering those heavy, heavy automatic transmissions onto his chest and rolling himself out from under the car with it still there. He did not survive the last time he did it, got an embolism that travelled to his lung and that was it, when my ex was 18 yrs old. Sorry about the sad, here. But worth a reminder to all our impetuous companions to… Read more »

EastBayLarry
September 17, 2011 7:03 pm

Except for the last picture, I don’t see any problems here.
These are all examples or what my daddy used to call “Field Expediency”, i.e. get the job done with what you have at hand.

JadedByPolitics
Admin
September 17, 2011 7:09 pm

Shoot growing up in the 70s I have seen just about everyone of those car ones, its a damn shame that they make cars that the average man can no longer repair.

Woodsman
September 17, 2011 9:56 pm

While I’ve always been a proponent for getting the job done, other than using a strong back more than I should have, I can honestly say everyone one of those of our gender who participated in the above photo shoots is a candidate for a Darwin Award.

Pamela
September 18, 2011 5:19 pm

I understand get the job done or adapt and overcome. But there is another line of thought that there are reasons some become candidates for the Darwin Awards.

Princess Hotchibobo
Princess Hotchibobo
October 3, 2011 8:25 pm

I personally think that all of those men have a death wish. I am all for getting the job done with what you have, without buying a lot of expensive equipment but that’s Ridiculous, stupid, and just plain dumb!

speciallist
Editor
October 4, 2011 1:55 pm

holy cow…ladder safety is very important, right EPU?

lol

Rogue
October 4, 2011 3:12 pm

I’ve actually done the scaffolding trick with a folding ladder. Surprisingly stable. 🙂