Radical groups target St. Louis banks and energy companies

Posted by on August 9, 2011 5:58 pm
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
Categories: Patriot Dispatches Recommended

I discovered this several weeks ago and have been gathering information and watching. Now that I am satisfied that much of St. Louis is aware of what is going to go down in their Fair City this weekend do I feel it is safe to write about it.

When you read below about what the radical libs are planning, I’m not sure, based on their track record, whether or not you will be *shocked and awed* or just come to expect it. Either way, the St. Louis PD has been notified and they are on top of this and targeted companies are on high alert and have their security personnel involved and at the ready.

Date: August 12-15, 2011. Place: St. Louis MO.

MidwestRising will “converge” in this huge city which is headquarters to major banks and energy companies. 300 climate activist groups and 300 community activist groups are claimed to be a part of this “major training and direct action” over 4 days which will take place at the University of Missouri at St. Louis and out in the streets at many businesses who are said to be “evil doers.”

Below is their flier:

Midwest rising flier

Notice what they say:

Fed up with big banks, corporate power and community-killing dirty energy development? St. Louis is home to the corporate HQ of Monsanto, Peabody [coal], Arch [coal] and other evil-doers. The Anti-Corporate Convergence will combine hard-hitting direct action [emphasis mine] with an opportunity to take a step back and do some popular education, organizing and action training, and visioning of a world in which we want to live.

Nice, isn’t it. Not only are they targeting Monsanto (Monsanto is heavily into ethanol, and these groups don’t believe *food* should be used for *energy*), Arch Coal, and Peabody Coal; but also according to blogs and FaceBook feed of some others: Patriot Coal, Ameren (Missouri electric company), Wells Fargo Advisors and Bank of America. All of which have HQ in St. Louis.

Let’s take a look at some of the “sponsors” of this “convergence”:

• Missourians Organizing Reform and Empowerment, or M.O.R.E., which is actually Missouri ACORN rebranded,
  • SEIU
  • Climate Action St. Louis
  • Rising Tide
  • Greening Detroit
  • Organization for Black Struggle

M.O.R.E. will be having a protest “rally” at a specific Bank of America, screen shot below:

Bank of America location MO ACORN

M.O.R.E.’s Hannah Allison was also responsible for a little protest “rally” at a St. Louis branch of Chase a year ago, apparently at the orders of SEIU’s Stephen Lerner who has ordered “hits” on B of A, Chase, Wells Fargo and Citi Bank across the country in “retaliation” for foreclosures. Video of the “bank assault” is below:

M.O.R.E. is also planning a protest rally at City Hall Park on Monday the 15th the same day as other protests “direct actions” are taken at St. Louis corporations. You can see for yourself on MidWest Rising’s schedule below:

Convergence schedule calendar

Protests “direct actions” are also planned for Sunday morning right after breakfast and church.

One wonders what they will be praying for.

Let’s take a look at one of the other sponsors: Climate Action St. Louis. Here’s a bit about the “need” for the “convergence”:

Corporate influence is seen in the stripping away of union bargaining power, opening huge swaths of land for coal and natural gas extraction, picking a superstar monoculture of the year at the expense of actually growing real food, or bailing out the most concentrated and powerful financial institutions ever (while in the same breath blaming the victims of their practices for getting kicked out of their homes). This list can go on, but it’s exasperating enough as it is.

The “founders” of this site are Chris Singer, Todd Zimmer and none other than, you guessed it: Hannah Allison of Missouri ACORN M.O.R.E.

Zimmer on his FaceBook page says he is the organizer of the Beyond Coal campaign. As noted in a previous article, NY Mayor Michael Bloomberg donated $50 million several weeks ago to the Sierra Club to “eradicate” not only future, but present coal companies. Checking on key players’ FB pages shows a high volume of Sierra club factions and members stating they will be attending this “convergence.” Even though the Sierra Club is not listed as a sponsor, I’d be willing to bet Bloomberg money is going into this.

FYI Kos Kiddies are also involved. We all know this is right up their alley.

Time will tell how many will actually show and whether or not St. Louis will erupt or remain relatively quiet. Many who have RSVPed are college students, natch, and community and environmental activists.

The group has reserved the JCPenney Center at UMSL which at examination is quite large but we’ll have to wait and see if they fill it.

I’ll be checking in and keeping you posted.

Crossposted at Conservative Outlooks

Good to be alert and aware. Keep us posted, LIO. (Lady Penguin – Ed)

36 responses to Radical groups target St. Louis banks and energy companies

1. redneck hippie August 9th, 2011 at 6:10 pm

Fitting sequel to the Summer of Love. Back then, the utopianists just wanted to party.

Now that they have power they just can’t get enough of it

Most excellent piece, as usual, LIO

• EastBayLarry August 9th, 2011 at 10:53 pm

I have the laugh at the obviousness of calling a socialist group MORE. It’s all they ever wanted you know, more and more and more until there is none left.

• redneck hippie August 9th, 2011 at 11:59 pm

Didn’t notice that, EBL. But you are on to them for sure. Again, back in the 60s they wanted more too, only it was more of different stuff LOL.

Liberalism does indeed at its roots gather adherents by promising MORE. We are now at the last stop on that train route. Where Maggie Thatcher’s maxim is proven once again.

2. Stix August 9th, 2011 at 7:08 pm

YEAH BoA is about 3 blocks away from where I work and it is the bank that I do bank runs for work

• beaglescout August 9th, 2011 at 8:02 pm

I guess this is the sequel to Steven Lerner “formerly (but still paid)” of the SEIU getting caught by Glenn Beck in a conspiracy to crash the US banking system.

3. E Pluribus Unum August 9th, 2011 at 8:19 pm

Interesting how the Democrats and the Media Wing of the Democrats (most of American Media) love to caterwaul about those dangerous right-wing groups, seething with anger and bigotry, fomenting violence an suppressing the freedoms and prosperity of hard-working Americans.

You know, projection. Yet again.

4. Kenny_Solomon August 9th, 2011 at 9:36 pm

It goes national on 17 September.

The Patriot Action Network has an article, but it’s best to read it from the ‘protestors’ themselves:

US Day Of Rage.

“It can’t happen here”, right ?

Kenny Solomon
    Israel Survival Updates
    The American Survival Guide

• Kenny_Solomon August 9th, 2011 at 9:38 pm

My bad… I forgot.

Awesome research and write-up L.I.O.

Y’all never cease to amaze me with what you uncover and the way you present it.

God bless ya for being there.

• Rogue August 10th, 2011 at 12:45 am

It is some sort of superhero thingy. Ever notice you don’t see LIO and Wonder Woman together?

• LadyImpactOhio August 9th, 2011 at 9:56 pm

I guess I am going to have a nice birthday present then. πŸ˜€ And more work.

Thanks Kenny.

5. cactusjack August 9th, 2011 at 9:57 pm

Is London burning the test round?

6. StephC August 9th, 2011 at 10:28 pm

Not that you didn’t do good work in this and were it any other companies perhaps I could work up a smidgeon of outrage.

I guess I’m getting way too cynical in my old age. I looked at the list of targets and thought to myself… not to worry, Obama will pay them on the down low for letting the useful idiots feel useful. The banks mentioned are Obama protectees, all of them. The coal companies are there because they need to be bullied some more and the electric company probably because it buys coal to fire its plants. Gotta throw some red meat in there to pacify the rabids. Ethanol is also one of Obama’s pet pigs, so Monsanto will also likely be looking for a backdoor payback.

Kind of hard to get worked up over except for the fact that we the taxpayers will be the ones footing bill, one way or another.

• LadyImpactOhio August 9th, 2011 at 11:32 pm

Yep. They are targeting the electric company because they use coal. I ran into an article last week that Ameren, the MO/IL electric company inked an agreement with Peabody Coal, also a target, to buy 90M tons of coal from them.

Although I don’t think the libs know about this or it would be all over their FB pages, blogs and twit.

These groups have gone so far as to start telling people to grow food in their own back yards.

There is also a group on a “training” the same week at Vashon Island in WA state. They are gonna teach you how to do flash mobs, interspersed with kayaking and sing around the camp fire stuff.

Like EPU said, if the right did this we’d be on the Biden, FBI, DHS and every other alphabet soup agency list out there.

7. nessa August 9th, 2011 at 10:29 pm

17 September is the date the allies began Operation Market-Garden in 1944. With any luck this will turn out to be “A Bridge Too Far” for the Evil Left.

8. cactusjack August 9th, 2011 at 10:32 pm

Interesting the comment columns for Daily Mirror and Daily Telegraph, two of the less Leftist papers left in UK, are overflowing tonight – not with discussions about “why do youth do this?” – but rather the Second Amendment and American (and ancient English) right to bear arms.

9. JadedByPolitics August 10th, 2011 at 5:48 pm

This is where the TEA Party Patriots who love a good get together should get together and confront these radicals, show those who walk by and who drive by how out of the mainstream these feral beings are!

• LadyImpactOhio August 10th, 2011 at 6:08 pm

I agree Jaded. Stix is trying to get a hold of them. I tried the St. Louis TP on twit, but they didn’t follow me so I couldn’t DM.

After studying these groups, it looks like they are up for a good fight, and unfortunately that is not in the Right’s nature.

They are the most radical of the radical.

UMSL is going to put them up in dorm rooms for $20 and your “entry fee” which is extremely cheap, even for the poorest food stamper, includes all your meals and “entertainment.” Whatever that is.

What is disturbing to me is, does the university and JCPenney Center know who they are dealing with here? Can you imagine the mess on campus..I would love to know who *approved* this.

• JadedByPolitics August 10th, 2011 at 7:04 pm

Isn’t that the group that Gateway Pundit ie: Jim Hoft is with, in Saint Louis? maybe send him an email at his contact form.

• LadyImpactOhio August 11th, 2011 at 12:18 am

Jaded, Jim has been contacted but I haven’t received a response. I can’t believe he isn’t aware of this. He could be planning on writing over the weekend.

• JadedByPolitics August 11th, 2011 at 6:36 am

I will send it to him as well, perhaps everyone here can send it to him and to Instapundit to get MORE eyes on this, if we don’t meet these radicals head on they will just get more powerful, we have to pull the rug out from under them, NOW!

• civil truth August 11th, 2011 at 1:07 pm

Regardless of possible political affinity, universities love to rent their dorm rooms out over the summer when the students are away – another revenue source. Even better from their viewpoint if a group wants to rent a block of rooms. Nothing unusual in that per se, but it would be interesting to learn if there is a relationship between the two that goes beyond owner/tenant.

10. LadyImpactOhio August 11th, 2011 at 9:45 am

FYI. This morning I received an email from one of the Midwest Rising organizers, Chris Singer, whom I mentioned in the article.

He seemed very puzzled about any “concerns” any of us have and says that “capitalism is not compatible with an environmentally sustainable world.”

Interesting though, he never did mention the word “peaceful” in this email.

11. LadyImpactOhio August 11th, 2011 at 10:24 am

I have decided to post the email I received this day from Chris Singer, one of the organizers. Comments welcome, natch:

Hello Ms. Greenberg.

My name is Chris Singer, one of the organizers for the Midwest Rising Convergence. I recently read your blog post concerning the Convergence. Your posting brought up some issues that I often find myself thinking about. I also wondered about much of what you wrote…

Do your concerns about the event center primarily on the ideas or on any concerns you might have regarding threats to property or persons? The beginning of your posting seemed to indicate that you were acting cautiously around speaking about the Convergence. May I ask why that was?

Speaking for myself, my concern is primarily on environmental issues, which is what I focus on generally. I imagine that people coming from different perspectives could at least agree upon wanting to leave a functioning and prosperous planet for the future. Then, at least in terms of the environment, I guess it comes down to perceptions on availability and access to energy and food and what that means for the planet.

While I don’t really understand many of the distinctions between economic systems (socialists like to subdivide into so many strange categories), I certainly do not feel that Capitalism, which I would define as an economic system based on the idea of primarily pursuing profit, is compatible with an environmentally sustainable world. Would you disagree with this?

Sorry to be so general and vague, but because the groups represented in organizing the Convergence are rather diverse and the topics involved are so big (focusing on the three main themes of oppression, economics, environmental issues and how these interrelate) that it’s difficult for me to send you an email somewhat out of the blue.

Anyway I’ll leave it at that!

Thanks for your time.
    Chris Singer

p.s. thought it’s short notice you should come to the Convergence!…. at least any parts you would feel comfortable attending

• civil truth August 11th, 2011 at 10:46 am

That title “Midwest Convergence” says it all. It’s the bastard child of “Harmonic Convergence” – remember that? (I’m sure Chris and his fellow organizers were not of age then, but they live immersed in the effluvia of movement.)

This is not a political rally so much as a religious retreat – though the organizers and participants would use the term “spirituality” to channel their religious fervor into an idolatry that has no accountability to anyone but themselves.

Chesterton was right.

[/uncivil]

• bobmontgomery August 11th, 2011 at 3:20 pm

The chilling part of it is this is some of the same sentiments you hear, though perhaps couched in phraseology a little more subtle, from congressmen, Senators, tenured professors at institutions where centuries of capitalism have made them some of the most privileged folk in the country, and so on. They eyes are dilated and the reasoning capability is extinguished.

• Kenny_Solomon August 11th, 2011 at 7:09 pm

When the SHTF, I’d really like to meet this gent, but not for anything untoward or negative.

I just want to see the look on his face when he realizes how wrong and dangerous to his own freedom he and his brethren are.

At that point, I’ll just chuckle to myself and walk away…… hearing him scream “Help me !” and then turning to say in reply, “You voted for it, enjoy it.”

12. Stix August 11th, 2011 at 10:37 am

Umm

Have you seen the environment in Communist China, Russia and many other authoritarian anti-capitalist countries? Free Market and capitalistic countries are the most clean and most environmentally friendly places. Socialist and Communist countries have a very bad reputation for the environment.

Private property is one of the best things for the environment. People to not want to live in a cesspool. They take care of their own place.

But your ilk do not care about the environment, you want to bring Communism/Socialism to our country, which would destroy the environment you say you want to protect.

13. LadyImpactOhio August 11th, 2011 at 4:03 pm

If anyone is interested… Mr. Singer is now inviting *feedback* from Conservatives on his FB page. πŸ˜€