Hot Air Balloonist

10
248

A woman in a hot air balloon realized she was lost. She lowered her altitude and spotted a man in a boat below. She shouted to him, “Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago, but I don’t know where I am.”

The man consulted his portable GPS and replied, “You’re approximately 30 feet above ground elevation of 2,346 feet above sea level. You are at 31 degrees, 14.97 minutes north latitude and 100 degrees, 49.09 minutes west longitude.

She rolled her eyes and said, “You must be a Republican.”

“I am,” replied the man. “How did you know?”

“Well,” answered the balloonist, “everything you told me is technically correct. But I have no idea what to do with your information, and I’m still lost. Frankly, you’ve not been much help to me.”

The man smiled and responded, “You must be an Obama-Democrat.”

“I am,” replied the balloonist. “How did you know?”

“Well,” said the man, “you don’t know where you are — or where you’re going. You’ve risen to where you are due to a large quantity of hot air. You made a promise you have no idea how to keep, and you expect me to solve your problem. You’re in exactly the same position you were in before we met, but somehow, now it’s my fault.”

h/t Aunt Edna 🙂

0 0 vote
Article Rating
Queen Hotchibobo
I was born in Saginaw, Michigan, and I grew up in a house on Saginaw Bay. My daddy was a poor, hardworking Saginaw fisherman. Too many times he came home with too little pay.

Naw, not really, but it sounds more interesting than the real bio, so there you are.

Leave a Reply

Subscribe
Notify of
10 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
erickbrockway
Editor
August 2, 2011 11:02 pm

heh

Q: What’s the difference between a Democrat and a trampoline?
A: You take off your shoes before you jump on a trampoline.

Q: What’s the difference between a Democrat and a prostitute?
A: The prostitute gives value for the money she takes.

Q: What’s the difference between a dead skunk in the road and a dead Democrat in the road?
A: Vultures will eat the skunk.

redneck hippie
Editor
August 2, 2011 11:14 pm

Have to be brief cause we’re having a lightning storm.

LOL, keep ’em coming!

E Pluribus Unum
Admin
August 2, 2011 11:22 pm

Q. What is the definition of an outstanding day?
A. A busload of Democrats went off a 300-foot cliff.
Q. What is the definition of a damned shame?
A. There was an empty seat.

mriggio
August 2, 2011 11:33 pm

Yep, always our fault, we hobbits. red, please send the storm my way in Illinois, need rain & cool. Keep the giggles coming folks!

EastBayLarry
August 3, 2011 12:15 am

Thanks for the laugh. I’ve been rather short of those lately.

texasgalt
Editor
August 3, 2011 2:11 am

The lost lady in the hot air balloon was recently interviewed by David Gregory. Apparently, she not only loses her way but has also lost her mind:

bobmontgomery
August 3, 2011 4:20 am

🙂 🙂 🙂

Rogue
August 3, 2011 8:28 am

How about 99% of Democrats give the other 1% a bad name.