Thomas Sowell: Mythbuster

Posted by on May 12, 2011 10:04 am
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,
Categories: Recommended

Because he’s my own personal Man-King Hero, I’m going to bring this YouTube for your listening pleasure.

I truly think more of Thomas Sowell than any other economist I know, with the possible exception of Milton Friedman. His books are phenomenal and I use them as textbooks in our homeschool. Give him a listen:

If more people paid attention to intelligent and wise people like Thomas Sowell, we’d have fewer Democrats and fewer political problems. And seriously, listen to him. You need his information to bust the stupid Democrat myths the media continually perpetuates.

5 responses to Thomas Sowell: Mythbuster

1. mriggio May 12th, 2011 at 10:39 am

This video is quite wonderful, but his books are even more superb. His writing is easy to follow (even economics!!), fun to read, and incredibly well researched. His amazing ability is to take volumes of dry, boring material and distill it into highly informative, yet non-pedantic books and articles. As you might guess, I’m a huge fan, own many of his works, which I read and reread, learning more each time through. He’s a major intellectual presence on our side; I also enjoy and learn from his friend and fellow economist Walter E. Williams, another star in the conservative constellation. Thanks for posting this, Dr. Sowell and Peter Robinson did a fine job!

• Queen Hotchibobo May 12th, 2011 at 12:15 pm

Yes, I love Walter Williams as well. They are both very talented and intelligent men and I am glad they are willing to take their information and research to the public.

2. Brian Hibbert May 12th, 2011 at 11:51 am

Thanks for posting this. I’ve always been a fan of Thomas Sowell too. There are times when I think I don’t agree with one of his statements, but when he explains his stance, I can rarely make an argument. I wish he’d be featured on television more often. It would be wonderful to have him as ABC’s economics correspondent.

But the MSM types would have their heads exploding every time he came on to give an analysis of the latest economic pronouncement of the Obama administration. Having a person who judges the effectiveness of a program by its results rather than its intent would be something they just couldn’t deal with.

• Queen Hotchibobo May 12th, 2011 at 12:19 pm

Yes. When I think of the platform that moron, Paul Krugman has, while the media ignores credible, intelligent economist on the right, like Thomas Sowell and Walter Williams, it makes me want to turn them off.

Oops. Too late. I turned them off years ago. Now it just makes me grateful for the intertubz.

3. vassarbushmills May 12th, 2011 at 2:40 pm