FYI I am proud to be in this gentleman’s district, OH #5. He has received a 100% rating from the American Conservative Union.
Rep. Latta is a leader of the Republican Study Committee Energy Task Force and yesterday introduced the Consumer Relief for Pain at the Pump Act. H.R. 1777.
Via his press release this bill would do the following:
- Repeals the Obama permatorium on Americaâ€™s outer continental shelf;
- Opens up ANWR to exploration and production;
- Establishes a streamlined process for permitting and lease sales;
- Increases access to onshore oil, including shale oil;
- Blocks burdensome and unnecessary regulations; and
- Simplifies the judicial review process to limit frivolous environmental litigation on leases and permits that would indefinitely halt energy production.
This bill if signed into law would create thousands of jobs, put dollars back into the economy and send a message to OPEC the U.S. is serious about tapping her own energy resources. This bill frees up our own energy resources and can make us finally on the path to energy independence which will also make us free from outside entities in the Middle East which are controlling the price of oil. It also would end the de facto Obama Gulf of Mexico moratorium which has contributed to so much misery for the Gulf states which trickles down to the rest of us.
â€œRepealing federal policies, stopping the EPAâ€™s backdoor energy tax, halting the Presidentâ€™s drilling permatorium and unlocking energy resources both on and offshore will help alleviate the pain at the pump.â€
Thank you Congressman Latta.
Crossposted at Conservative Outlooks