It took a hero (still un-named) to release the damning emails eventually called climategate to help We The People to stop the takeover of America of those darned one world government types, however they will never stop coming after our money. If anyone thinks that just because Kyoto is coming to an end and Obama was stopped from getting his signature Cap & Trade that the hustlers will just pack up and find another hustle, well you haven’t been paying attention You Won’t Find A Better Read On Kyoto, AGW, Cap & Trade.
Dr. Frederick Seitz, one of America’s most distinguished scientists and President Emeritus of the Rockefeller University, had this to say in an op-ed piece in the Wall Street Journal on June 12, 1996:
“In my more than 60 years as a member of the American scientific community, including service as president of both the National Academy of Sciences and the American Physical Society, I have never witnessed a more disturbing corruption of the peer-review process than the events that led to this IPCC report.”
And he had good reason to be upset because here are the phrases that were deleted from the final draft:
* “None of the studies cited above has shown clear evidence that we can attribute the observed [climate] changes to the specific cause of increases in greenhouse gases.”
* “While some of the pattern-base studies discussed here have claimed detection of a significant climate change, no study to date has positively attributed all or part [of the climate change observed] to [man-made] causes. Nor has any study quantified the magnitude of a greenhouse gas effect or aerosol effect in the observed data – an issue of primary relevance to policy makers.”
* “Any claims of positive detection and attribution of significant climate change are likely to remain controversial until uncertainties in the total natural variability of the climate system are reduced.”
* “While none of these studies has specifically considered the attribution issue, they often draw some attribution conclusions, for which there is little justification.”
* “When will an anthropogenic effect on climate be identified? It is not surprising that the best answer to this question is, `We do not know. ”
But the following sentence was added in the “revision”:
The body of statistical evidence in chapter 8, when examined in the context of our physical understanding of the climate system, now points to a discernible human influence on the global climate. [IPCC chapter 8, p.439]
The memorable phrase “the balance of evidence” used in the IPCC Summary for Policymakers is essentially meaningless, and certainly not backed by any scientific evidence. It turns out that the two main pieces of evidence, two crucial graphs in the IPCC report , were based on bad information or had actually been doctored [see my Hoover report].
Kyoto: A Money Machine — for Some
The Kyoto Protocol was a fraud right from Day One. Even if it had been punctiliously followed by all of the nations who ratified it, it would have achieved essentially nothing — a measly reduction in the calculated temperature half a century hence of 0.02 degrees C — an amount too small to even measure.
Kyoto was all about politics and money. The terms of the Kyoto Protocol demanded a 5.2% overall reduction from the emission levels of 1990 for industrialized nations. The choice of 1990, however, favored Europe, Britain, Germany, and Russia at the expense of the United States.
I encourage you to go over to American Thinker and read the rest of the horror that was the biggest scam in world history from someone who was there to witness it firsthand.